I then cut circle holes so that my push button closet lights would fit into the base. To add shape and detail, I then wrapped the base in worbla.
To make the piece, I primed the metal threads on the broom handle with petroleum jelly, I then wrapped and squished the heated & moldable friendly plastic around the threads until it cooled. At that point it was a perfect fit and I could easily screw and unscrew the broom handle for easy storage and transportation.
Below you see the lights I used. I used sandpaper on the light face to scratch the surface. This helps diffuse the light and make it glow, rather than look like 3 little LED lights.
I painted the broom handle with black acrylic. I used friendly plastic to create the decorative piece at the bottom of the broom handle and used the gold acrylic paint on that.