I actually made the key rack as a Valentine's Day gift for him and he was happily surprised at the Supernatural theme, since after all, that is one of his favorite shows. The craft project was quite simple to make too.
How to Make a Supernatural Themed Key Holder
- A replica license plate of the Supernatural Chevy Impala.
- A wooden plaque or mounting surface.
- Paint -I used black acrylic paint. You can also purchase a clear spray paint sealant for a final touch.
- Sawtooth wall hanging brackets (mine came with nails -plus you'll also need a hammer to attach them)
- Hooks -I used screw in hooks (a measuring tape may be useful for spacing out on your hanger)
- Permanent glue (E6000) or screws & washers
3. I hammered 2 wall hanging brackets into the back of my plaque to ensure it'd hang securely in place.
5. Finally, I attached the license plate using permanent E6000 glue. Using screws & washers with the already present holes on the license plate would also work to secure it.
This final hanger could also easily be turned into a necklace or keychain holder too.
What we love best about the key holder is that we can display our love for Supernatural in the house without being too demonic in nature...face it, most of the symbols and concepts in Supernatural are a little "dark" in appearance.
What do you think Supernatural fans? Would you hang this in your house? Do you have similar key-misplacing habits like my fiance? Make yourself a fun key holder and they might just disappear!
Like this geeky craft project and don't want to miss out on more in the future? Sign up for my newsletter to receive updates right to your inbox!