You know those moments - that point in a game where at least one player ends up beyond frustrated and another player ends up feeling super smug? I know you've all been there, on at least one side of the exchange, if not both at some point. Here are 5 friendship destroying games for your amusement, cause if you've been in the situation, then I know you'll laugh thinking back on the experience now.
1. Mario Kart
Also, the cheap shortcuts on Wario Stadium and Rainbow Road (which aren't cheap if you know how to make them of course!) plus lighting before a big jump...which happens to be the worst on Wario Stadium too >.<
2. Mario Party
1. Magic Lamp -kiss your star goodbye to that no-good thief unless you have a repellent for the equally no-good Boo.
2. Chance Time - This seemingly innocuous "game" invariably ends up screwing someone over. Get ready for the salt to fly.
3. Bob-omb's battle games, particularly the luck-based ones - Really Merry-Go-Chomp? No! There's nothing merry about you picking my color 1st and me losing 50 of my unwillingly taken coins.
Boy, what's with all the Mario games having all these 'backstabbing' options?!
3. Settlers of Catan
1. I play the thief on your number 6 grain hex and cut you off from the resource....muhahahaha! I can assure you the 6 will definitely roll the next 10 turns in a row BECAUSE you can't collect on it now, plus you won't be able to roll a 7 now to save your life, nor can you afford to purchase a development card. Sucks to be you.
2. Bam! I build my settlement to cut off your longest road, or better yet!....I build my roads to block you in. (This is for sure the worst in 4 player games when the board gets crowded.)
3. M-O-N-O-P-O-L-Y Card -give me all your wood underlings!
Honestly though, there's needs to be a longest turn card. -2 victory points to the player who's taken the longest turn.
4. Magic the Gathering
One thing that REALLY ticks me off is land destruction, particularly in EDH. The whole point is to play Magic, but how can you play Magic when it's turn 12 and someone just wiped the board of all lands -.- ...definitely the fast track to becoming my enemy #1.
Also, chaos decks....but if I'm being honest I own one of these guys. DON'T play land destruction or we really won't be playing Magic for the rest of the night.
Oh look, I think my level 20, crush all human souls, 'wandering monster' wants to join your current battle. And oh look! I have a couple curses to throw your way too -lose your head gear please. And then, once your dead and gone, I'll be sure to loot your dead body for good measure. Thanks for the sweet new pair foot gear!
...Some people just want to watch the world burn.
Bonus -Making all the fandoms mad at once
SO! Which of these friendship-destroying games have you had the lovely opportunity to enjoy? Which ones would you add to the list? Share them in the comment below!