Even if he isn't the biggest fan of eating them, all that fighting is sure to leave one hungry! Good thing I've put together the perfect hunger-satisfying chimichanga recipe. Feed your appetite or get prepared for the Deadpool movie, hitting theaters this week!
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (or 1 lb. ground beef)
1 (16 oz.) can black bean refried beans (or regular refried beans)
8 oz. canned diced green chiles
3/4 cup enchilada sauce
1.5 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1.5 tablespoons taco seasoning (you can use a store bought packet, or see my homemade recipe below)
3/4 cup whole kernel corn
8 in flour tortillas
1 tablespoon melted butter
Optional toppings, according to your tastes
-shredded cheese -diced tomatoes
-shredded lettuce -sour cream
-diced onions -enchilada sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1.5 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
-Mix everything together and store in an air tight container. Use as needed (typically 1.5-2 tablespoons per lb.)
1. If using ground hamburger, brown your burger. If using raw chicken, cook and shred your chicken. If using rotisserie chicken add it to your sauce pan for heating.
2. Add the corn, green chiles, taco seasoning, & enchilada sauce. Cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
3. Stir in the shredded cheese & refried beans, then turn the heat off.
5. Coat the outside of your chimis with melted butter.
6. Bake your chimichangas in the oven for 20 minutes, then flip them over. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until lightly brown and crisp.
7. Serve right away with your favorite toppings.
(If you have extra mix, just freeze individually wrapped chimis. Pull one out when you want to eat it, let it defrost, then bake or fry it! This recipe will yield 10 chimis)
What about the new Deadpool movie -will you be seeing it? The fiance and I plan to see it in theaters; hopefully this opening weekend!