The first stage is the simple soup. Its main ingredient is a reekfish. Which, if you ask me, looks an awful lot like a salmon. The second stage of the soup is the good soup. The main ingredient of the good soup is Ordon pumpkin. The final stage is the superb soup and it requires the Ordon goat choose ingredient.
- 1 lb. 13 oz. of pumpkin (make your own or buy canned) or butternut squash
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 medium cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- fresh basil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- fillet of smoked salmon (lucky enough to have my Dad's homemade, Alaskan smoked salmon on hand)
2. Combine your pumpkin, garlic, and onion together, then blend smooth in a food processor or blender.
3. Put your mixture into a large soup pot and add 3 cups of broth. Simmer, covered for 45 minutes. Add basil, salt, and pepper to your taste.
4. With 5 minutes left on your simmering, blend your goat cheese and cream together to make them smooth and whip the cream a little.
5. Turn the heat off your soup and mix in your cream and cheese blend. Stir in the shredded salmon. If you want the soup a little thinner, add some of your remaining broth.